To Submit an Abstract
- Abstracts must be written and presented in English.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically in a PDF File via this symposium website. No fax and e-mail submission are accepted.
November 30, 2022December 7, 2022 (extended)Please note: the electronic abstract submission system will be closed on December 7, 2022 and late abstracts will not be accepted.
- You will receive your reference number in return by e-mail when the submission succeeded. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours, please contact the Abstract Submission Office.
Instructions to Authors for the Preparation of your Abstract
Please click here to download “PMJ2023 Abstract Template”.
This describes instructions for the preparation of an abstract and can be used as a template.
All abstracts must contain the following information
- 1. Title of Abstract:
- The title of the abstract should be written in Times New Roman, bold, 16pt, centered. Initial letters of each word should be capitalized.
- 2. Names of All Authors:
- Author's name and affiliation spelled out completely in Times New Roman, 12pt, centered. Initial letters of each word must be capitalized. If there are several authors or affiliations, Presenting Author should be listed first and the related numbers should be given using superscripts. Also include the mailing address, and email address.
- 3. Abstract Text and Figures:
- Text should be approximately 250 words, not exceeding one A4 page including figures.
- 4. Keywords:
- List maximum of five keywords. Please choose at least one keyword for your abstract.
From 2019, the one-page abstract which will be submitted by November 30 basically will be used for “Photomask Japan 2023 Digest of Papers”.
Please keep in mind that No Camera-ready Abstract is needed.
- * It is possible to replace the accepted abstract to the revised one for “Digest of Papers” no later than February 15, 2023. How to submit the revised abstract will be notified in the middle of January 2023.
Copyright Transfer Policy
Copyright Transfer Policy
The copyrights for your Abstract shall be transferred to the Photomask Japan. Otherwise, your Abstract shall not be accepted for presentation nor be included in the digest of papers.
However, the authors reserve the following rights:
- Retain all proprietary rights other than copyright, such as patent rights.
- Reuse all or portions of the above abstract in other works.
- Reproduce, or have reproduced, the above abstract for the author’s personal use or for company use, provided that the copies are not offered for sale.
Please agree the Copyright Transfer Policy above by checking a box in the online submission form.
You are requested to choose topic applicable to your abstract from among the items listed in the Themes and Topics below.
- Materials for photomasks
- Fabrication process steps and equipment for photomasks
(developing, etching, cleaning etc.)
- Photomask writing tools and technologies including multi-beam EB writer
- Tools and technologies for metrology/ inspection/ repair
- Technologies and Infrastructures for EUVL masks
- Technologies and Infrastructures for NIL masks
- Technologies and Infrastructures for FPD masks
- EDA, MDP, curvilinear ILT and DTCO
- Photomasks with RET: PSM, OPC, SMO and multiple patterning
- Photomask-related lithography technologies
- NGL mask technologies and their applications: DSA and others
- Strategy and business challenges: cost, cycle time and total mask solutions
- Patterning technologies for semiconductor and electronic devices
- Semiconductor manufacturing technologies
- eBeam direct writing and eBeam lithography technologies
- Utilizing AI technologies for the efficiency of R&D and HVM
- Legacy tools for middle and low-end masks
- Photomask and lithography related technologies in academia
Photomask and Lithography related Technology in Academia
PMJ offers an opportunity for university students or postdoctoral researchers to present their works on
mask/ lithography technology fields.
Those who wish to present their works need to submit an abstract via online in accordance with the above.
- Session Scope:
- Mask technology, lithography technology and applications
- Object Presenter:
- Applicants should be university students or postdoctoral researchers
- Registration fee:
- Free for Academia
Notification of Acceptance
Photomask Japan Program Committee will review all contributed abstracts. Applicants will be notified of acceptance or rejection by e-mail no later than the middle of January 2023.
Please note that the accepted authors should submit their 4-to-6-page manuscript for SPIE Proceedings. The author guidelines for manuscript will be available on this symposium website in January 2023.
Digital Forum Operation (tentative)
1) Presentation Style
- Oral presentation: Online live presentation (include Q&A): Zoom Webinars
- * Live presentation (without Q&A) will be recorded and used for on-demand broadcasting after the session.
- Poster presentation: Online live presentation in Zoom breakout rooms (include Q&A): Zoom Meetings
- * Poster presentation material (PDF file) will be used for on-demand distribution. (no video will be distributed)
2) Program Overall
- - Program will be organized considering the time zone difference among the presenters.
- While live presentations, audiences will be able to ask questions freely.
3) Presentation Materials:
- - The detailed guidelines will be available later.
For any inquiries about abstract submission, please contact
Photomask Japan Abstract Submission Office
c/o JTB Communication Design, Inc.
Celestine Shiba Mitsui Bldg., 3-23-1 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8335, Japan
Fax : +81-3-3452-8550
- In Online Abstract Submission System, SSL certificate errors may occur depending on the type of browsers or security software.
There is no problem if you click the button of “Continue to this website” and go back to the procedure of abstract submission.